Friday, August 1, 2008

Confessions of a Life Coach

I am TheSimplifiedLifeCoach.Net

I teach people how to simplify their life. This week a write up about my life coaching practice appeared in a Journal Gazette insert.

I can't tell you how many people have mentioned seeing the article. As you can imagine, I was very pleased about that. Not only because of the free advertising, but also because I really do have a passion for helping people find joy in their lives by getting out of the rat race they find themselves in.

I am just really, really glad that those same people weren't at my house this past week. Truth, I usually do take my own advice. This week however, wasn't a shining example of that.

I'd love to let myself off of the hook considering we celebrated two birthdays during the week and also because I picked up an extra homecare nursing case on a fill in basis.

Here's the reason I can't and why I owe a debt of gratitude to a husband whose patience I will never take for granted...again that is... I hope.

My grandson's 10th birthday was celebrated in style not with extreme outlay of cashola but certainly with extreme fun!! Activities ranged from squirt gun tag (inside, but with small guns filled to the 1/2 mark), outside glow chalk to the max on the driveway, a karaoke sing fest (he's a ham like moi), glow football and frizzby etc. That was Tuesday.

Then, on Wed., after working 8 hours out of town, I stopped to pick up my daughter's birthday cake and hurry around Kroger getting stuff to go with birthday get together #2. Then I hurried home to bake the fruit torte like the one I saw at Fresh Market off of West Jefferson.

I thought it was amazing! It didn't even look real it was soooo pretty. I knew it would look great as part of the dessert party she wanted.

Tidying up, setting the table and making dips etc. went on to the point of ridiculousness. I had one of those out-of-body moments as I walked in the bedroom to show my husband Scott the beautiful torte that was finally all ready to present as my final project on the food channel...oops I mean all ready to put on the table.

I know Martha Stewart would beam with approval! How much beaming do you think my daughter did?? We won't even go there. I will simply wrap this up by saying my head has been examined, I had the lobotomy and I'm all better now!

I recall some conversation with Scott about my going overboard and not being surprised that I was sooo tired and out of sorts following all of the unnecessary added touches that are a nice gesture yet not worth all of the added stress.

Okay! I get it already... Growl!! zzzzzz...snore. kh

No comments: